Wednesday 16 January 2013

Denise Brown Teaches Fashion Styling At College of North West London

Last year while I was studying my first year PGCE I was teaching a  BTEC Level 3 in Fashion Styling course at College Of North West London for a year.

My group was all women from different cultural backgrounds and the age ranged from16-34 years old. It was a challenge for me because being a stylist and teaching it is too different things.
Back then I'd never taught Fashion Styling in my life and I was 'Shook'.

I had to put together all the Lesson Plans, Scheme of Work and create all of the hands outs for the course. It was one of the biggest struggles for me because I hated writing and I didn't know where to start.

I was the best at talking about good ideas but putting it on paper is a no goer for me. This and the Uni work was stressing me out. My worse fear writing came to haunt me!!!.

I created a 70 hour workshop and taught the students about Fashion Styling. I was impressed with myself with what handouts and activities I managed to create especially when I was observed by my Tutor.


Behind the scenes Fashion Shoo




















No comments:

Post a Comment