Saturday 19 January 2013

Not Just A Stylist. Also A Designer And Teacher

Fashion Changed My Life Collaborates With The Prince's Trust

I got commissioned from The Prince's Trust to deliver a Fashion Design programme for 16-19 years old 'NEET' learners. I've been working and teaching these  type of young people for over 8 years as a freelancer.  Previously I have been commissioned by PAYP, Brent, Ground Works, London Borough of Lambeth and Royal Court Theatre. I've also  taught BTEC Level 3 in Fashion Styling in College of North West London and Textiles in The Davies School and Burnside School both (Pupil Referral Unit). 

 I was really shocked that they where interested in my project considering I was hired as an individual and  my company wasn't up and running. This was a project that I used to dream about and I wanted to prove to myself and show my clients that I could do this.

After all these years of sharing my knowledge and my skills to a company that hire me as an assistant. Knowing that I was capable of teaching the  job as a lead Tutor. I had enough I took a risk and left that company now I've set up 'Fashion Changed My Life' to teach young people and adults how to create clothing and how to become a Fashion Stylist. 


Website is under construction and will be up next month in the meantime check out this video.


1 comment: